QI Charts is a control chart add-in for Microsoft Excel. The control chart (also known as a Shewhart chart) is a statistical tool used to distinguish between variation in a measure due to common causes and variation due to special causes.
This name is misleading since the most common uses of these charts in improvement activities are to learn about variation and to evaluate the impact of changes. A more descriptive name might be "learning charts" or "system performance charts."
QI Charts software allows you to create control charts using data that you have compiled in Microsoft Excel. QI-Charts requires that your data be column-oriented. The first column, the index, contains values that will appear on the X-axis of the control chart. These may be dates or times, labels, or a numbered series.
Creating a control chart in the same workbook as your data is made simple with a wizard dialog prompting you for data ranges, values, and phase boundaries. QI-Charts places the new control chart just to the right of your data range. You can make adjustments to your control chart using Excel's regular chart menus.
QI charts can be used to create the following types of charts:
- Run Chart with median
- Charts for attributes data
- C Chart
- P Chart
- U Chart
- P' Chart (corrects for large denominators)
- U' Chart (corrects for large denominators)
- Charts for variables data
- XS Chart
- Individuals Chart
- Charts for events and time between events
Download the QI charts User Manual
New features of QI Charts 2.0:
- Enhanced chart design
- Optional data tables included in charts
- Supports rational subgrouping
- Create a table of control chart data and formulas
- Reference guides for chart selection and interpretation rules
- Windows operating system with Excel is required to run QICharts. QI Charts is not compatible with a Mac.
Attention Users: Provide Feedback Here
- Single License - $69
- Site license (single location) - $500
- Small company license (less than 500 employees) - $800
- Large company license (more than 500 employees) - $1200
QI Charts is available for purchase and download through our site. To purchase QI charts:
- Complete registration form
- Add QI Charts to your shopping cart, and complete
- You will receive and email with instructions about
how to download and install QI charts after your payment has been
- QI Charts
will work on versions of Excel 2003 or later.